Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Saving of a Cuff Bracelet

I wish that I'd have gotten an even earlier pic of this cuff in progress. These photos show the skeleton in fairly good shape. But, that was after about 30 minutes of sanding, basically sculpting three flat layers and a rough center "blob" into this final curvaceous-ness!

Adding the mokume gane slices finished it nicely, but then I noticed an embedded flaw in the edge of the copper layer that was more than skin deep! Resigned to keeping this piece for myself, I put it aside for a while, then thought about a wire accent. Yes!!! The hammered zig-zag was a perfect accent and echoed the stripes in the MG pattern. And, it gave me a great excuse to drill into that pesky little spot on the side :)

Sometimes, you can make great lemonade from lemons!

No comments:

Post a Comment